1 large egg
1 Tablespoon water
1/2 (17.3-ounce) package Puff Pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 Tablespoons whipping cream + more, as needed
1 cup Simply Fresh Fruit Blueberries and/or Strawberries small fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Beat egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mixture to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Starting at a long side, roll up like a jelly roll. Press the seam to seal. Cut pastry roll into 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto 2 baking sheets.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Gently flatten the hot pastries with a spatula. Let cool completely on baking sheets on wire racks.
4. In a medium bowl, use electric mixer to combine cream cheese, lemon juice and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Add whipping cream to thin out the mixture. Mix until creamy and well-combined. Add additional whipping cream, if needed, to create a spreadable consistency.
5. Assemble dessert bites: Spread a Tablespoon of the sweetened cream cheese mixture onto each of the baked puff pastry rounds. Top with fresh blueberries. Garnish with mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips: *Add strawberries to make this a red, white and blue recipe!